Wednesday 25 January 2023

584 - COUNT

Jake ThOUght he'd got hold of the expensive pen that had fallen on the floor behind the furniture. He carefully lifted it up when it fell out of his fingers. "Oh no, I've ungot it just when I thought I'd got it", he muttered. He reached down to pick it up again, but he could barely touch it now. "I doubt if I can get it now", he said out loud in frustration. His flatmate, Rob, heard Jake getting frustrated and came to see if he could help. "Thanks for coming to my aid Rob", said Jake, "I know you are the fount of wisdom on situations like this". Quickly Rob found he could mount some pliers to a couple of sticks and manoeuvre the contraption so that it gently grasped the pen, enabling it to be brought out from its dungeon. They gave each other a high five and Jake said "Let's have some of my donuts to celebrate - I knew I could count on you".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.