Saturday 17 June 2023

727 - STRAP

A significanT celebRation was approaching and Hilda was out trying to track down a suitable sized piece of meat to roast. "How much is that there?", she asked the butcher. On hearing his reply she was aghast and exclaimed "I'd need a grant to buy that". After some haggling and agreeing on a price, Hilda said "Can you set it apart for me - I only have a few pounds and pruta here". "OK, but only until 3pm",said the butcher. Hilda returned later in suitable clothing. "Can you help strap this to my back for the walk home?", she asked. The butcher complied. Come the day the roast was a huge success and Hilda could glow with pride for all her efforts.

Side of Beef
Side of Beef

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.