Wednesday 17 January 2024

941 - BLOND

This is my 9-year-old Granddaughters' version:

I'm a dog, and I Live with my owners, Nelly and Elizabeth. My name is Chewy because I am always chewing things. I also live with this other dog called Fluffball. Elizabeth came up with all these other names for her like Pom-pom, Snowball, Cloudpuff, and all these other adorable names (I think she liked Fluffball best). Fluffball is basically a ball of fluff! She was once mistaken for a Pom-pom! Elizabeth is going to her friend Lydia's house today, she has blond hair and has a pious family. Nelly took Fluffball and I out for a walk today as well. The flowers are starting to bloom, I noticed. The only thing that spoilt our day was that a car had annoyingly parked across our driveway, or as Nelly would say it, "looks like someone decided to block our driveway!"

Caption

This is my version:

WiLl was self-employed although he didn't have much work. That didn't bother him as he was a keen gardener. This year he was establishing a bed of monks hood flowers. The flowers have what might be described as a monk's hood giving them a pious look. They were a lovely sight when in bloom. When handling them Will had to wear gloves to block any contact with the plants as all parts of them are very poisonous. Because he was out in the sunshine a lot, his hair colour remained blond even though he was about 60.

Monkshood flowers
Monkshood flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.