Saturday 20 January 2024

944 - THING

This is my 9-year-old Granddaughters' version:

I’m a farm caT and live with my owners, Farmer Collie and Tabitha Collie. (Oh, and if you're wondering what my name is, it's Mia). The farm that we live on is called Fox Tree Farm. It's got cows, pigs, horses, chickens, sheep, a rooster and Peter, the farm dog also known as a Border collie. I try to stay away from him as much as possible because well, he’s a DOG. Today I woke up at 6:00 in the morning, as usual, and went down stairs. Farmer Collie is always up 30 mins after me (6:30) and Tabitha is up at 7:00. Usually, in the mornings, I just wait on the dining table but today I just had to look out the window because it was more noisy than usual. Peter was barking like mad and I could see why. There was a stray cat jumping all over the farm! Then, that naughty thing jumped onto Rose, the horse, and sent her neighing which set off the cows! Farmer Collie was up in a flash (and 25 mins early too!) It was over in 20 mins but Peter growled at me as if to say, ‘Well you weren’t much help then were you?’ But I just rolled my eyes and went to sip my milk. 3 mins later, Tabitha came down but Farmer Collie just pretended that nothing had happened.

Part of the action at Fox Tree Farm
Part of the action at Fox Tree Farm

This is my version:

OuTside our kitchen window was a noisy thing digging up the ground. (Any similarity to real happenings is quite deliberate!)

>Noisy pneumatic drill on digger
Noisy pneumatic drill on digger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.