Tuesday 23 January 2024

947 - TWEAK

This is my 9-year-old Granddaughters' version:

From ThE wAy I see it is that no one takes any notice of a lazy house cat like me. My name is Rocky and I live a normal life with about 0% of adventure. Today is the 11th of May and on the 11th of any month the plumber comes to tweak all the pipes. Every Saturday, Jim, my owner, would have a meaty lunch like a hamburger or a hotdog unlike Sara, my other owner, who would just have a cheese sandwich and a pack of cheese and onion crisps. Sara works almost every day except Sundays. I'm guessing that her favourite thema of books is adventure. Tomorrow, Jim is going to drive a stake into our garden. He's planning to build a shed. Jim always take sooooooooo long to build stuff. 4 years ago, he tried to build a bench but that took 3 years! I'm guessing that this shed of his is going to take about.........7 years. I think Sara will be angry because she has been telling Jim to build a shed for 2 years already. She's saying that because I'm pretty sure that she's getting bored of the bags of soil and the emergency cat food being out in the open. Especially with guests.

Rocky taking it all in
Rocky taking it all in

This is my version:

AT thE stroke of noon, Professor Cassidy strode into the lecture hall. Since this was the umpteenth time he'd given this lecture, he knew well what the thema of it was, so he had few notes to work from. His students were generally attentive (with a few exceptions, possibly those that had had a hearty, meaty meal). In the evening, the Prof liked a break from all this academic work and set to driving a heavy stake or two into his large garden in an attempt to prevent the earth bank from sliding down more. (It would take several weeks to get them all in place.) After that, he had to return to his academia and make a tweak or two to his notes for his next lecture which he had given less often.

Professor Cassidy giving his well-known lecture
Professor Cassidy giving his well-known lecture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.