Thursday 14 March 2024

998 - LOCAL

This is my 9-year-old Granddaughter's version:

I'm Cherry Logan, a puppy And I'm Living in the local dog shelter until I get chosen to go home with a willing new owner. Yesterday, Coco was chosen to go home with a new owner. Coco was in the kennel facing me so I saw clearly when she was being taken out of her kennel and fussed over by being chosen by someone new. She is a Chihuahua and is the lousy, bossy type who fusses over their appearance way too much. I could have swallowed a loach when I saw her fluffing up her hazel brown fur in order to impress the passers by! Snowy, Chipolata, Cinema, Midnight and Blossom rolled their eyes in Coco's direction and Feathers, my kennel mate scoffed. We did not like the little overdramatic scene.

Coco being treated in the fashion she's accustomed to
Coco being treated in the fashion she's accustomed to

This is my version:

ALAstair woke up to a grey dismal day. "Oh what a lousy day", he said to his wife Alice. The day was made worse because the electricity was not working and they couldn't have tea or toast for breakfast. They had planned to go out for a trip and decided, despite the weather, to proceed with their plans. At lunchtime they found a restaurant serving some interesting menu items. Alastair decided to try a dish using loach; Alice was not so adventurous and had baked potato and cheese. By the time they got to Treen, the weather had eased and they could, after all, walk to the Logan Rock perched high on the cliff overlooking the sea. Although the rain had eased, the wind was pretty intense and they didn't stay out too long. They headed back to their home town and eat in its local fish and chip restaurant. They learned that the electricity had been restored around noon so it was safe to head home to some warmth and light.

The Logan Rock (top right) in context
The Logan Rock (top right) in context

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.