Thursday 16 May 2024

1061 - PINCH

This is my 9-year-old Granddaughter's version:

"Timmy, Tommy, come over here a sec will you?", Tom Nook called. "Of course! What are you doing?", Timmy replied as he and his brother scuttled over to where Tom Nook sat at his desk with a piece of paper and a pencil. "Well, you see boys, I'm writing to an old friend and she lives in South Africa. Her name is Hoppy and she has just written to me to say what she is about to do. She's always been a daredevil you know, take a look at the letter", Tom Nook explained.

"Dear Tom Nook, Hallo old pal, it's been a while since we've spoken. A really exciting thing happened to me. I've been invited to the daredevil contest! I have to do a double backflip into the swimming pool, then swim real fast over to the bar where I would haul myself up and do some really cool tricks. I know right! All with a noisy crowd watching me too! How have you been on your pleasant little island? Write back, all the best, Hoppy."

"The problem is", said Tom Nook after they had finished reading it, "I'm struggling with what to write." Then Tommy and Tom Nook stared at Timmy. He was frozen and his eyes wouldn't blink. "Timmy? Hello, wakey wakey pal!, Tommy said waving his hand in front of his brothers face. Tommy had to pinch him just to make sure. Then Timmy started blinking again. "Sorry! The shock of the double backflip and stuff makes me stop dead in my tracks!" Timmy reassures them.

"Well, I think you should start with saying 'hello' and 'how are you doing?' and then say congratulations on the achievement, then talk about how you are doing. Then say 'goodbye' or add anything else you wanted to say. It will come to you, trust me!" Tommy finished.

Hoppy starting her double back flip
Hoppy starting her double back flip

This is my version:

Jack and Charlie shared a room at Uni. Jack was quiet and studious, whereas Charlie was always noisy, whether it was speaking on the phone, loading the dishwasher, playing his guitar or rushing to get to his next lecture on time. Jack searched on the web to see if he could do something about it. He found a post somewhere that suggested that if you put a pinch of salt in the cooking, it would do the trick. Jack's reality check skills were not perfected yet, so he tried it. Nothing changed!

Charlie and Jack
Charlie and Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.