Monday 27 May 2024

1072 - BEVEL

It was earLy morning on markEt day. One of those who plied their trades or goods was a carpenter. Although he was a very good carpenter, he had a speech defect. He only used one vowel for every word! So conversations like this would take place: "I say, old fellow, I need a shelf made in my house. Can you do that for me?" "Wha cartanla; wha da ya lav?" A deal was struck and the following Wednesday the carpenter arrived at the house and produced a lovely shelf. The house owner checked the finished item and remarked "O, golly gosh, that's beautifully made. It's spot on level and the bevel edge is a nice touch".

The finished shelf
The finished shelf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.