Friday 7 June 2024

1083 - ETHER

As usual in ThE moRning, Emily was busy applying toner to her face. So she was surprised, and a little flummoxed, when the doorbell rang. She wiped off the worst of the toner and hurried downstairs to look through the security lens on her front door. She opened the door to Frank, the blind piano tuner. "I wasn't expecting you so early Frank", she remarked as she led him in. "I'm sorry to be early", he replied, "but I'd been warned about some roadworks en route with disruptions to pavements and diversions, so I left an hour early so that I could steer around the obstacles and get help if necessary. But the journey all went smoothly." Emily reminded Frank where the cloakroom was and made him his favourite cup of tea then went to her room to complete her face. She was just about to put on her radio and scan the ether for something to listen to, but she then checked herself, realising that it might be confusing for Frank downstairs.

Frank at work
Frank at work

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.