Monday 10 June 2024

1086 - CROWD

The paRty was in full swing; loads of people were talking and some were even singing. Because it was so noisy, Amanda pushed her way through everyone to find a quieter spot. It was then that she noticed her broch was missing. "Oh, no, a crook must have taken it off me as I pushed through the crowd. She sat down in tears. Ten minutes later a handsome young man appeared. "This, I believe, is yours", he said, holding out her broch. She gasped and a big smile spread across her tear-stained face. "How ...? What ...? Where did you find that?", she stuttered. The young man replied "I just happened to be looking at you just as the thief took your broch. I apprehended him, retrieved your broch and got the bouncers to banish him. I then came and found you." "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. It was my great-great-grandmothers", she cried, throwing her arms around him.

Amanda's precious broch
Amanda's precious broch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.