Wednesday 24 July 2024

1130 - PRONG

This is my 10-year-old Granddaughter's version:

(This actually my dream last night!)

One day, I was teaching twenty cats in a bathroom. They were all clones of Moosey and Boo. But the real Moosey and Boo were just playing chess at the back of the room. It was very noisy and all the clones were purring and making their paws go the up and down like those china-cat-moving-thingies. By lunch time it was silent. All the cats stared at me while I got my lunch out and it was a bit creepy and awkward especially when they were looking at me eating my sandwich and cake and they all started to croon except the real Moosey and Boo who had brought sausage rolls and crisps.

Then I started at my pasta and the clones followed my fork and watched each prong of my fork pick up the creamy pasta and sweet corn. The clones started dribbling so I tossed them some apple slices and jelly babies but the real Moosey and Boo were opening some ham and sharing some sponge cake. Then they put on their sunglasses and ... of all the world!!! They took some of those fancy wine glasses out of their lunch bags and poured some wine out and placed a slice of lemon and a tiny umbrella in it!!!

The dream Moosey and Boo playing chess
The dream Moosey and Boo playing chess

This is my version:

The brass band was playing loud music in the bandstand. Leo covered his ears - "Mummy it's too noisy", he wailed. "They're just finishing and then Max Bygraves will be singing", replied his Mum. "Is he noisy too", said Leo, who was none the wiser. "Oh no, he will croon to us". Leo was still none the wiser! When Max and his band started, Leo pointed to one man who had a garden fork which he used a violin bow on one prong to make his music. "Oh how strange", said Leo's Mum.

The noisy brass band
The noisy brass band

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.