Sunday 26 March 2023

644 - VOTER

The post came bringing the biannual waTER bill which used an estimated reading. Chris felt he ought to go out and read the water meter to make sure the bill was accurate. As his eyes became accustomed to the failing light, to his utter astonishment, he saw an otter looking at him. He briefly thought about trying to inter the animal, but realised that would never work. Instead he made a noise to scare the creature away. Chris went back inside and told his wife - she was most upset seeing as she was a doter of all things otter. "Why on earth didn't you tell me about the otter earlier", she remonstrated. "I'm sorry love, I just wasn't thinking. I'm so worried about being a voter tomorrow as I can't decide who to support."

Otter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.