Friday 15 December 2023

908 - WOULD

This is my 9-year-old Granddaughters' version:

On Christmas Eve, everyone in house number one was rushing around. It was very noisy. First, Lyla could not find her bauble earrings, then Max and Connor were fighting over the Christmas football, next, Molly kept complaining to Callie that her tinsel dress was not good enough, Ed is saying that the star does not match the rest of the tree and Kayla (mum) can’t find her purse and Christmas hairband! (I think Lydia stole it). I would suggest that Aunt Caroline and Uncle Dan go to Venezuela because they keep skating around dressed as Santas (along with Ben and Katy their kids). Dad was tipping the mixture into a jelly mould and then put it in the fridge while mumbling to himself. Grandpa George is telling our dog Totty, about the movie The Mogul. Finally, we’re all in bed, but my cat Bruno is sleeping on my feet and I wouldn’t dare wake him up. So, I can’t move a muscle and I’m lying wide awake on Christmas Eve! (Not to mention it’s 3:00am!)

Chaotic Family
Chaotic Family

This is my version:

Richard went to work at the factory. The shop floor was aLways a noisy place especially the machine that formed plastic objects. Richard had the job of keeping an eye on it and of changing the mould every so often when a new component needed to be produced. One day the workers were surprised to see the factory owner being shown around. He was a mogul who owned several industries. Richard remarked to a college "Although he could visit, seeing as he was the owner, why would he visit this insignificant factory?" Just about everyone else thought the same. They never got to find out the answer to that question.

Richard at his Moulding Machine
Richard at his Moulding Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.