Tuesday 30 January 2024

954 - LEGGY

This is my 9-year-old Granddaughters' version:

I'm a crow and I was just out on my usual morning strolL when I spotted somEthing particular that I just couldn't take my eyes off. Two farms - that were unfortunately next to each other - had owners that were practically enemies with each other and whenever they were in a fight it would sometimes rise up to an extreme temper and when that happens, you wouldn't want to get involved with because it wasn't a pretty scene. This morning they were having their daily fight. Peggy, the owner of Horse Tail Farm, Had a chicken loose and Leigh, the owner of Crop Field Farm, had - as usual - chuckled and said, "Oh Peggy Leggy you are a silly billy and rushing around like that trying to catch your dear little chicken. Ha ha!". But something else had bugged Peggy. The name 'Peggy leggy' was a name that Leigh had thought of about a year ago. This all started when Peggy had owned an old, leggy plant and Leigh had teased her for it by saying Peggy leggy.

The farm border fight
The farm border fight

This is my version:

It was a LovEly warm day in April. Mum took Clara to the countryside to explore. The place was open and free of hazards so Clara was let loose from her buggy to run around. Mum was ready with her phone camera to capture the scene. There were lots of little meadow flowers bringing great delight to Clara. Just then the farmer came up to Mum - "Do yer like me leigh", he enquired. "Oh, yes", said Mum, "would it be ok for my daughter to pick some of the flowers?", she asked. "Happen. Though they won't last long", came the answer. Just then Clara started yelling and Mum rushed over. "Urgh, Urgh", Clara was saying as first one, then another crane fly bumped into Clara. "I don't particularly like those leggy crane flies either darling", said Mum, picking up Clara. "Shall we pick some flowers together?", she said. Clara forgot the crane flies and together they enjoyed several minutes picking flowers. Then it was time to head home.

Clara picking the flowers
Clara picking the flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.