Tuesday 30 January 2024

955 - EXPEL

This is my 9-year-old Granddaughters' version:

The onLy reason I obEy my teacher is because she said if I don't an otterhound will come and eat you up. She said that an otterhound is the fiercest type of dog you can get but I'm not so sure about that. Two reasons, one is 'cause I'm pretty sure the fiercest type of dog is a bulldog or a boxer and two is 'cause I've seen one walking with its owner. It just looked like a fluffy, furry, friendly, snuggly moving ball of fur that likes cuddles. (I'm an otter if your wondering.) Today, my teacher said we've done very well so don't spoil it. I'm not sure she means that 'cause half of us (including me) fell asleep in geography. The naughtiest otter in my class is Jimmy Jones and he's halfway from being expelled! And I thought the word expel on its own was enough to take in!

The friendly Otterhound
The friendly Otterhound

This is my version:

Sir Francis is a FeLlow of ThE Society for the Preservation of Worms and was one of the founding members. After being involved in the Society for decades it was a tremendous shock to the other members (all 10 of them) to discover that Sir Francis also regularly went fishing using worms as bait. At this meeting a motion was raised stating that "Sir Francis has had a detrimental impact on the society and his actions spoil its ability to attract new members". This motion was put to the vote and carried by 10 for to 1 against. As a result the 10 members decided they had no option but to expel Sir Francis from the Society. Sir Francis just shrugged his shoulders and went home to do some more fishing.

Fishing using Worms
Fishing using Worms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.