Monday 5 February 2024

960 - VERGE

This is my 9-year-old Granddaughters' version:

I'm a small cat and my ownERs (Helen and Ben) are out for the day. So I do my usual 'mess up' around the house. First, I would switch on the remote onto the football channel to annoy Ben. Luckily, Ben's favourite team scored. "Score!" the TV echoed. That will annoy him if I leave the TV on. I then walked to Helen's study. I sure am going to wreck that place! Helen was a writer and had dozens of papers lying around. I read one which said, a single fungus spore can grow into an entirely new mushroom. Boring! I moved onto a quire of paper that she had folded and cut, ready for her next book I suppose. I pushed them all onto the floor. I next moved onto the kitchen and jumped on the breakfast bar which has a very smooth curve on the corner. Around the kitchen were loads of framed pictures, Helen loved the sea and the lakes and rivers so there was always a picture of the sea shore or the verge of a lake. I scratched the lot of them. Now the bedroom. I'm going to shed on Ben's side of the bed. That will stop his snore. He'll be itching all night and he deserves that because I am getting tired of that loud snoring!

Making a mess of the house under way
Making a mess of the house under way

This is my version:

Joshua is not onE foR sitting down and watching a cricket match; he would much rather be outside exploring. However he is interested in the cricket score. With his smartphone and earplugs he now has the opportunity to be outside and keep in touch with the score. Today he is heading down to the shore. But his route there takes him through a shady damp trail. As he goes along the trail it just happens to be the time when a giant puff-ball fungus releases first one spore then 7 trillion others. Joshua likes to think of himself as well prepared and on this occasion he is. In his backpack is a quire of paper and he quickly takes out a couple of sheets and manages to trap a few thousand spores between the two sheets so that he could study them later on his microscope. Eventually he gets to the shore where he discovers a wreck which he explores before making himself comfortable and nodding off to sleep. Passers by have a giggle as he has a snore. After a recuperating sleep he wakes with a jolt as he hears a great cheer in his headphones as the bowler bowls an extraordinary curve ball and gets the top scoring batsman out, right on the middle stump. Those supporting the batsman groaned in disbelief as the batsman was on the verge of scoring 200.

Howzat!
Howzat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.