Sunday 3 March 2024

987 - URBAN

This is my 9-year-old Granddaughter's version:

Hi! I'm A faRm cat and I have all the space in the world compared to my cousin Terry, an urban house cat, and he has to share his neighbourhood with a border collie who lives next door, a bunch of street cats that live in an ally, and a shabby rat who lives in his shed. I however, can get fresh milk from the cows, and chase the mice around the yard, not to mention scare away the birds. But I do have one wish.... IF ONLY I COULD USE A SONAR TO TRACK DOWN THOSE MICE!!! INSTEAD, I'M LEFT WITH A NOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Phew! that was a long breath!)

Pouncing on a farm mouse
Pouncing on a farm mouse

This is my version:

"HARry - you've lost leave of your senses!", cried Sally, "where do you think you are going to store that?" Harry had just acquired a 'bargain' yacht from a 'friend' who needed to get rid of it. "Oh, but it was a bargain!", exclaimed Harry. "It's so well equipped, what with the radio equipment, satellite navigation system and active sonar equipment." Harry planned to spend the next few weekends locating a suitable mooring for the yacht reasonably near to home, since Harry and Sally lived in a dense urban environment. But before they could move the yacht to any mooring, the armed police had raided their home and Harry had briefly been detained. It turned out that the yacht had been implicated in regular drug smuggling! Sally was so relieved when the yacht was towed away. Harry, now restored to his home without any criminal record, was quite chastised and feeling sorry for himself.

Harry's new acquisition under new ownership!
Harry's new acquisition under new ownership!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.