Monday 4 March 2024

988 - STATE

This is my 9-year-old Granddaughter's version:

Hello! I'm a dog of A chEf who works in a dog friendly resTaurant. When he got home, my owner said "look at the state of this mess!" Ssh! I actually did the mess on purpose so he would clean it up. Then while he's tidying up, I can sneak into the kitchen and steal the steak!

Success - I've got my steak!
Success - I've got my steak!

This is my version:

The next dAy, Connor made plans wiTh Mary (see 985 - IMAGE). ThEy went to NEXT for Mary to buy a fresh set of clothes and cosmetics etc whilst Connor sat in the café pondering what might be a good career to switch to in these changed times. Mary seemed to be in a bubble of her own as other customers steered a path around her and the security guard kept a beady eye on Mary's progress around the store. When she'd loaded her basket, Mary found Connor and they went to the checkout together; the security guard relaxed somewhat! Back at the house, Mary had a soothing bath and chose a new outfit for the evening. They went to a smart restaurant where Connor was a regular customer. To the waiter's surprise, Connor ordered the soup for his only item, whilst Mary had a Filet Mignon steak. (Neither had any alcohol to drink.) Mary had been enjoying this sudden change of circumstances, but began to wonder what Connor's intentions were towards her. This lengthy meal was a wonderful opportunity to discuss these things together. Connor explained that he'd been driven by doing his best to provide for himself no matter what happened to anyone else. His sudden change in circumstances had brought him up sharp and Mary and her distressed position had been the first thing he'd noticed. Mary was relieved and was able to relax in her new state, even if it was only for a brief period in her life.

Mary enjoying her meal
Mary enjoying her meal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

482 - FLOOR

“LO and behold, there's  flour  on the  floor .” exclaimed Denise. “I wonder if Ethan has been making a cake?” she thought.